Apple Walnut Cake
Butter(or marg), softened
Sifted cake flour
Finely chopped apple
Finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
1) Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy;
gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to
butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with
flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition, just until
blended. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 12-cup
3) Combine finely chopped apple and next 3 ingredients; spoon over
batter in pan, leaving a 1/2" border around center and outer edges.
Add remaining batter.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on
a wire rack. Remove from pan, cool completely on a wire rack.
5) Drizzle with Cream Cheese Glaze. Store in refrigerator.
: Cream Cheese Glaze recipe separate