Author/Submitted by: Jo Anne Merrill
packed brown sugar
* Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with margarine.
1. Place apricots and 1 cup water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil,
reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until apricots are tender. Drain and
2. Fit steel knife blade into the work bowl of a food processor. Into
the work bowl combine margarine, granulated sugar and 1 cup flour. Process
until smooth. Spread into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake 25
minutes at 350 degrees.
3. With steel knife still attached, process drained apricots until
chopped into 1/4-inch pieces. Add 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, brown
sugar, eggs and vanilla. Process until mixed well, about 6-8 seconds.
4. Remove crust from oven, spread apricot mixture evenly over baked
crust and return to oven for 30 minutes longer.
5. Let cool, then cut into 2-inch squares.
Yield: 16 two-inch squares.
For a rich, delicious dessert, cut into larger pieces and serve
with a dollop of whipped cream.