Baker's Secret Sugar Cookie Hearts
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the
eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir together the flour, salt and baking
soda; mix into the sugar mixture until well blended. Chill for 2
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Divide the dough into quarters. Roll out one quarter on a lightly
floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes with a
2-inch cutter; place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are barely browned
at the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
** Icing **
5. Mix together the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.
Spread on the cookies; sprinkle with the nonpareils.
Source: from the back of the packaging on the new cookie sheets
bought in preparation for the holidays.