Author/Submitted by: Patricia Cuocco email@example.com
ground vanilla wafers
heavy whipping cream
1. The night before you make it, finely grind up vanilla wafers (to sand
consistency) until you have 3/4 of a cup. Mix in shredded coconut and
ground walnuts. Toss together with 1 tsp almond extract and coconut
extract. Store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
2. Next day: put large mixing bowl, medium mixing bowl and beaters in the
freezer for at least 15 minutes. (Use electric mixer.)
3. Beat egg whites in the medium bowl till peaks are stiff. (Set aside).
Beat whipping cream in the large bowl until peaks stand up.
4. Gently fold egg whites into whipped cream. Gently fold in sugar.
Gently fold in rum, 1/2 tsp almond extract and vanilla extract. Gently
fold in 1/2 cup of the vanilla wafer mixture.
5. Spoon mixture into paper muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of tortonis with
remaining vanilla wafer mixture. Freeze for at least 5 hours.
I developed this Biscuit Tortoni Recipe myself. Hope you like it.
(If you aren't going to use them right after they freeze, cover the
tortonis - or put them into a shoe box with a cover to protect from
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : measure ingredients.