Brownie Cookie (the Chewy)
Unsweetened baking cocoa
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
(12 oz pkg)
1. Heat oven to 375'F.
2. Combine Crisco, light brown sugar, water and vanilla in a large
3. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat
eggs into creamed mixture.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed
mixture at low speed until just blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased
7. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375'F. for 7-9 minutes, or until
cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist - DO NOT OVERBAKE.
8. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Place sheets of foil on countertop.
Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.