Cherry Cheese Bars
Walnut pieces, divided
All purpose flour
Brown sugar, firmly packed
Butter Flavor Crisco
Cream cheese, 8 oz. each
Cherry pie filling ( 21 oz )
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 45 Minutes
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with Butter Flavor
Crisco. Set aside.
2. Chop 1/2 cup nuts coarsely for topping. Set aside. Chop remaining
1/2 cup finely.
3. For Crust: combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in Butter Flavor
Crisco until fine crumbs form. Add 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts and
coconut. Mix well. Remove 1/2 cup. Set aside. Press remaining crumbs
into bottom of pan. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes, until edges are
4. For Filling: beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, eggs, and
vanilla in small bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
Spread over hot baked crust. Return to oven. Bake 15 minutes longer.
5. Spread cherry filling over cheese layer. 6. Combine reserved
coarsely chopped nuts and reserved crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over
cherries. Return to oven. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool. Refrigerate
several hours. Cut into bars about 2 x 1 1/2 inches.
Makes 36 bars.
Source: Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, page 8. Shared by: