Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Author/Submitted by: quaker Oatmeal boxtop
shortening, butter flavored
oats, rolled (raw),
quick/ old fashioned
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening.
3. Combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla; beat with
mixer on high speed to blend well.
4. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to shorteing
mixture and combine until just blended.
5. Stir in raisins and nuts.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-13 min., or until lightly browned. Cool 2 min. on cooling