Author/Submitted by: Great American Home Baking
semisweet chocolate square,
1. Preheat oven to 300 deg. Grease an 8 in. square baking pan.
2. In a small saucepan, heat chocolate and butter over low heat,
stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Beat together 1 1/2 cups sugar, melted chocolate mixture, and 1/2
teaspoon vanilla at medium speed until blended. Beat in 3 eggs, 1 at
a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, beat in 3/4
cup flour until blended and smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, remaining flour,
remaining sugar, remaining egg, and remaining vanilla at medium speed
until blended and smooth.
5. Spread two-thirds of chocolate batter in prepared pan. Spread
cream cheese batter over chocolate batter. Drop remaining chocolate
batter in mounds on top. Run a knife through batter to create a
6. Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
almost clean, 50 min. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate and cheesecake--a heavenly match of textures and
flavors. Chocolate lovers can drizzle 2 ounces(2 squares) melted
semisweet chocolate on top. Let stand until set. Makes 1 dozen
Thought for the day:
Bagpipes (n): an octopus wearing a kilt.
Western Oregon, zone 8
this is one of my favorite recipes to make for the morning. i
usually get 12
large-muffin-pan-sized biscuits and 18 small-muffin-pan-sized
(1st time poster, if all goes well, 5000+ more recipes to share :)