Chocolate Cake With Mocha Glaze
(12-oz) can prune-plum
-filling (1/2 C)
Light corn-oil spread
(8-oz) container coffee
Low-fat milk (1%)
Instant coffee granules
Sliced almonds, toasted
ABOUT 3 1/2 HOURS BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY:
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Spray 10 inch Bundt pan with nonstick cook-
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat prune-plum filling,
corn-oil spread, and sugar until blended, occasionally scraping bowl
with rubber spatula.
3. Add coffee yogurt, egg substitute, flour, cocoa, milk, vanilla
extract, baking soda, salt, and 2 t instant coffee granules; beat on
low speed until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber
spatula. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 minute.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake about 50 to 55 minutes until toothpick
in- serted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on
wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on rack.
5. Prepare mocha glaze: In small bowl, dissolve 1 t instant coffee
granules in 1 T warm tap water. Stir in confectioners' sugar until
smooth and an easy spreading consistency, adding more water, if
necessary. Spoon glaze over cake. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Each serving: About 245 calories, 4 9 fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 225 mg
Good Housekeeping/May'94/scanned & fixed by DP & GG Submitted By
MICHELLE BRUCE On 03-22-95 (1933)