Chocolate Fantasy Cake
Author/Submitted by: Mike Trachtman Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel
tea biscuits (dry cookies)
liqueur (chocolate or coffee flavored)
instant chocolate pudding
1. Arrange a layer of biscuits at the bottom of a large baking pan.
2. Mix the brandy and liqueur in a small container, and pour on top of the biscuits.
3. Whip the cream, milk, pudding and salt until the mixture is thick.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuits. Chill well.
5. When the cream is cold, prepare the frosting by grating the chocolate onto the top of the cake. Refrigerate before serving.
This is a very simple, quick, no-bake cake for those of us who hate getting near an oven, but like delightful cheese cakes. This recipe is originally from the Yediot Achronot (Latest News) newspaper supplement here in Israel. It should be prepared a day or two before you intend to eat it, so that the flavoring fills out. Definitely not for people on a diet.
You can replace the milk and cream with of 9% milkfat cheese. This is a product sold in Israel. The nearest equivalent in North America is is sour cream. If you do this, replace the pudding with of chocolate syrup. If you are not a chocolate lover, you may replace the chocolate pudding with vanilla pudding (or with vanilla extract if you are using the 9% cheese)
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : measure the ingredients.