Chocolate Fruit and Nut Cake Country Living Holidays
Almond macaroons, crumbled
Sliced almonds, toasted
Pitted prunes, chopped
Grated orange rind
(1/2 stick) butter
(1/2 pint) heavy cream
Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Line bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with waxed paper. In small
bowl, combine orange juice and crumbled macaroons, stirring to blend
and moisten crumbs.
2. In medium-size bowl, combine almonds, prunes, and orange rind; set
3. In top of double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate,
stirring frequently. Remove from heat and beat in butter until
melted. Beat in cream until well blended.
4. Spread macaroon mixture in bottom of prepared pan and top with
half of chocolate mixture. Top with almond and-prune mixture, then
layer with remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours
5. To serve, remove side of springform pan from cake. Invert cake onto
plate. Remove waxed paper and invert cake again, chocolate side up,
onto serving plate. Sift cocoa over top.
Country Living Holidays/1994 Scanned & edited by Di Pahl & <gg>