Chocolate Kiss Thumbprint
Butter Flavor Crisco
1 ounce square unsweetened
- chocolate, melted and
Flour, all purpose
Chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes Bake Time: 8 Minutes
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco.
2. Combine Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar, milk, vanilla and egg yolk.
Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add melted
chocolate. Mix well.
3. Combine flour and salt. Add to chocolate mixture. Mix until well
blended. Form dough into 1 inch balls.
4. Beat egg white slightly with fork. Coat balls with egg white. Roll
in chopped nuts. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Press thumb
gently in center of each cookie.
5. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Place chocolate kiss
in each thumbprint. Return to oven for 1 more minute. Remove to
Makes 2 1/2 dozen 2 inch cookies.
Source: Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, page 36. Shared by: