Chocolate and Vanilla Chip Biscotti
unsweetened cocoa powder
Margarine or butter
white vanilla chips
1) Heat oven to 350F Spray 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets with
2) Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In med bowl,
flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well. In large bowl, combine
brown sugar and margarine; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well.
in white vanilla chops.
3) With spray coated hands, firmly shape dough into 3 rolls, about 7
long. Place rolls at least 3 inches aprat on sprayed cookie sheet;
flatten each to form 3/4 inch thick rectangle, about 3 inches wide and 7
4) Bake at 350F for 22-28 min or until rectangles are light golden brown
and centers are firm to the touch. Place rectangles on wire racks; cool
5) Wipe cooke sheet clean. With serrated knife, cut each rectangle into
1/2 inch slices; place, cut side up, on cookie sheet.
6) Bake at 350F for 6-8 min or until top surface is slightly dry. Turn
cookies over; bake an additional 6-8 min or until top surface is
dry. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
Store tightly covered.
Serving size: 1 cookie
Calories 70 Calories from fat 20
Total fat 2 g
Chol 1 g
Carb 12 g
Sodium 50 mg
Source: Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook Nov/Dec 96