Author/Submitted by: Terry Weissman DEC Western Software Lab, Palo Alto, Calif.,
margarine (one stick)
graham cracker crumbs
sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
1. Melt the margarine in a 22x33-cm pan. Combine with graham cracker crumbs and spread evenly on bottom of pan.
2. Sprinkle coconut evenly over crumbs.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over coconut.
4. Pour condensed milk evenly over everything.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 175 C .
6. Let cool for a bit. Cut into squares and enjoy.
This comes from Mom. (She doesn't know where she got it; she memorized it years ago and lost the original recipe.) It's always been a favorite with us kids, and last time I was home she gave me the recipe. It's so simple that even a complete clutz like myself was able to make it perfectly the first time.
Mom insists on using ``Borden Eagle Brand'' sweetened condensed milk. Don't ask me why.
Difficulty : trivial.
Precision : No need to measure.