Butter or margarine
Instant nonfat dry milk
Cans(3 1/2 oz size) flaked,
coconut (2 2/3 cups)
Squares semisweet chocolate
1. Melt butter in saucepan. Add water and vanilla.
2. Combine confectioners' sugar and dry milk. Stir into butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in coconut.
3. For each candy, shape about 1 tbsp mixture into a roll 2" long; curve to make a crescent. Refrigerate until firm - 15 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate and shortening over hot, not boiling, water.
Remove from hot water; let stand to cool slightly.
5. Dip half of each piece of candy into chocolate. Place on waxed paper to dry. Refrigerate until firm.