Author/Submitted by: John Daleske AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio, USA
butter or margarine
coconut (one standard package)
unsweetened chocolate melted (2 squares)
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Remove from heat.
2. Add powdered sugar and coconut. Mix well.
3. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls.
4. Make an indent in center of each and place on cookie sheet.
5. Fill centers with melted chocolate.
6. Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator.
This is an easy recipe that can knock your socks off for flavor and sweetness. In other words, it will make your teeth fall out.
We use sweetened coconut and also use semi-sweet chocolate. This is why they make your teeth fall out. I tried an approach of melting the stick of margarine using the microwave on full for 48 seconds. While it was melting, I measured and mixed up the dry ingredients. I then poured half the liquid over the premixed coconut-sugar mixture; mixed some and poured in the remainder. This worked well for me, but my wife insists that the listed method is easier. Your clean thumb is the best way to make the indentations. Be sure to keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : approximate measurement OK.