Author/Submitted by: Cheers Theresa Campbell ...!harvard!bunny!tbc0
chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
vanilla wafers crushed fine (a box less so
pecans (Finely chopped).
sugar (white granulated)
cognac (Use the best you can afford - it m
1. Melt chocolate bits. If you have never worked with melted chocolate before, then use a double boiler with the burner set on low.
2. Crush vanilla wafers very fine (fineness is important).
3. Chop pecans (again fineness is everything)
4. Add sugar, corn syrup and cognac (I use 1 nip of cognac and 1/2 nip of rum - works fine and costs less)
5. Stir in pecans and wafer crumbs. Now you learn why you were supposed to grind them very finely.
6. By now the mixture should be a smooth paste. Remove from heat and form into 2-cm balls. Roll balls in extra granulated sugar.
A terrific, very rich, no-bake cookie. Adapted from a recipe in the Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook.
Store these in an air-tight container; if you are a chocoholic, have someone hide them from you. They are best if you allow them to age and mellow.
Difficulty : Moderate to hard (melted chocolate is tricky, and rolling the mixture into
Precision : approximate measurement OK.