Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
Author/Submitted by: Chocolatier Vol. 1, NO. 7 1985
Bittersweet Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
(1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter
at room temperature
Heavy Cream, Softly Whipped,
1. In a small bowl, crush the raspberries roughly with a fork. Stir in the
sugar and the Framboise. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 30
2. In a modified double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter.
3. While the chocolate is melting, whip the cream. Stir the egg yolks into
the crushed raspberry mixture. Whisk the egg whites.
4. Remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the modified double boiler and
place it on a work surface. All at once, stir in the raspberry mixture. Stir
in the whipped cream. Fold in the egg whites.
5. Turn the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes. Chill until
firm, about 2 hours for individual portions, five hours for a large bowl of
6. Garnish each serving with a dollop of softly whipped cream and one or two