Double Chocolate Brownies Ala Weight Watchers
Unsweetened cocoa powder,
Semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8 x 8 x 2 cake pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until custard-like consistency, about 4 minutes, until doub- led in volume. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in liqueur.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Add to egg mixture, stirring and folding just until combined.
Pour into cake pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Remove to wire rack and cool in the pan.
4. In a small heat-proof measuring cup, combine the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of water and melt over low heat stirring constantly until smooth, about 30 seconds. Spread over cake with spatula. While chocolate is still warm, sprinkle cake with walnuts.
5. Cut into 16 equal squares.
Each serving = 2 squares. Each serving provides: 1/4 fat; 1/4 protein; 1/4 bread; 65 calories.
VARIATION: Substitute 1 ounce peanut butter for the chocolate chips.
Source: Weight Watchers 1992