Double Chocolate Pound Cake
Butter or margarine
Squares (4 oz.) unsweetened
Chocolate chips coated in
Preparation time: 20 min. Baking time: about 50 min. Oven temperature: 350 degrees F.
This cake is so rich and moist and it keeps well for some time in a well covered cake tin or wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator.
For one 10-inch cake you will need:
Fresh sliced strawberries, for garnish
1. Cream butter with sugars until smooth and well blended.
2. Add chocolate and eggs, one at a time. Beat until fluffy.
3. Mix flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture.
4. Blend in buttermilk and vanilla, stir until smooth. Add chocolate chips.
5. Turn batter into a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube baking pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
7. Let cake cool in pan for a couple of minutes.
8. Turn cake out of pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
9. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries or other berries.
10. Serve with a dollop of whipping cream.
From: Great American Recipes Shared by: Kaitlin Young