Fruity Frozen Yogurt
Author/Submitted by: Cathy Hooper ISC Systems Corporation, Spokane, Washington, U
Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt
cut into pieces
or any fruit comb
1. Combine sugar and orange juice in a saucepan. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Whirl fruit and lemon juice in blender until fruit is pulp. Add yogurt, blending well. With motor running, add cooled orange juice mixture.
3. Pour into a 25-cm square flat pan and place in freezer for two hours or until mixture is frozen into a slush.
4. Break up mixture and put in mixer bowl. Beat until smooth, adding eggs one at a time. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
5. Return to pan or freezer-proof dessert containers and freeze until firm, about one hour.
This refreshing and healthful dessert can be made with any of several types of fruit, such as bananas or strawberries, for a low calorie summer-time treat.
For very juicy fruit, such as raspberries or frozen fruit, the orange juice may be decreased in proportion to the amount of juice. Increase the lemon juice by for each the orange juice is decreased.
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : approximate measurement OK.