Author/Submitted by: John Daleske AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio
chunky peanut butter
whole wheat flour
Kellogg's Special K cereal (crushed)
salted peanuts (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 175 C . In a large bowl cream together peanut butter and butter. Mix in bananas, molasses, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
3. Stir in the cereal. Sift together dry ingredients and mix into batter. Add chips, peanuts, and dates.
4. Pour batter into greased 20x30 pan.
5. Bake in preheated 175 C oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cut into bars.
With food processor:
1. Cream butters in processor. Add cut-up bananas and blend.
2. Add molasses, sugar, vanilla. Blend.
3. Add eggs. Blend.
4. Pour batter into large bowl and stir in sifted dry ingredients.
5. Stir in other ingredients, one at a time. Continue with step 4, above.
These bars give a flavorful and filling treat along the trail. The recipe came from Ben Branch of AT&T Bell Labs at Columbus (cbdkc1!blb).
Difficulty : easy to moderate.
Precision : approximate measurement OK.