Individual Milk Chocolateorange Cakes
Milk chocolate cake
Toasted slivered almonds
Milk chocoalte-orange cream
Dark chocolate curls
Milk chocolate glaze
Recipe by: Paige La Cava, Godiva Chocolatier Preparation Time: 1:30
MAKE THE MILK CHOCOLATE CAKE
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325
degrees F. apping out the excess. Set the pan aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low eat.
3. In a large stainless steel bowl, vigorously whisk together the
4. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the toasted almonds and
5. In a 4 1/2-quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer using the
paddle a ll combinedc, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the reserved
chocolate, then the y
6. In a dry, grease-free 4 1/2-quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric
mixer w dd the sugar. Increase the speed to hight and continue to
beat until the w
7. Using a large rubber spatula, mix 1/3 of the whites into the
8. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with
MAKE THE MILK CHOCOLATE-ORANGE CREAM
1. Place the chopped chocolate into a medium stainless steel bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove the pan
from t e until thoroughly chilled.
3. When chilled, transfer the chocolate cream to a 4 1/2-quart bowl
of a h be grainy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
MAKE THE DARK CHOCOLATE CURLS
1. Warm the chocolate slightly by placing it on a piece of waxed
paper in ype