Mixed Nut Biscotti
Margarine or butter
pumpkin pie spice
1) Heat oven to 350F. Spray 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets with
2) In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until
blended. Add eggs; beat well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;
level off. STir in flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; mix
Stir in nuts.
3) With spray coated hands, shape dough into 3 rolls, about 7 inches
Place rolls at least 3 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet; flatten
to form 3/4 inch thick rectangle, about 3 inches wide and 7 inches
4) Bake at 350F for 18-25 mintues or until rectangles are light golden
brown and centers are firm to the touch. Place rectangles on wire
cool 5 mintues.
5) Wipe cookie sheet clean. With serrated knife, cut each rectangle
1/2 inch slices; place, cut side up, on cookie sheet.
6) Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry.
cookies over; bake an addtional 6-8 min or until top surface is
dry. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
Store tighly covered.
Serving size: 1 cookie
Calories 70 Calories from fat 20
Total fat 2 g
Chol 15 mg
Sodium 55 mg
Source: Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook Nov/Dec 96