Moosewood Fudge Brownies
Butter or margerine,
Light brown sugar (white ok)
Flour(3/4c for fudgier ones)
Freshly grated orange rind
To 4T strong black coffee
Semisweet choc chips
1. Butter 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Gently melt the chocolate. Let it cool for about 10 mins.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Stir constantly as you drizzle in the melted chocolate. After all the chocolate is in, beat well for a minute or two.
6. Stir in the flour and possible embellishments. Mix just enough to blend thoroughly.
7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 20-25 mins, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares while still hot, then allow to cool for at least 10 mins, if you can wait that long.
*my note--these are unbelievable!!!!!!!
From the New Moosewood Cookbook Shared by Lisa Greenwood