Oat - Nut - Chocolate Chip Cookies
(1 stick) margarine,
(1 stick) unsalted butter room temp.
packed dark brown sugar
sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
semi-sweet chocolate chips
coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Cream the margarine, butter and both sugars in a large mixer bowl
until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and add
to the butter mixture. Stir just until blended. Stir in the oats. Fold
in the chocolate and walnuts.
3. Refrigerate the dough covered for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
5. Shape the dough into balls, using a teaspoon for small cookies or a
tablespoon for large cookies. Flatten slightly into rounded disks. Place
2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the edges are
slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Don't overbake, because the cookies
do harden as they cool.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheets for 10 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 100 small or 50 large