Orange Bundt Cake
Softasilk(R) cake flour
at room temp.
Nonfat sour cream
Grated orange zest,
Fresh orange juice
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.
2. In medium bowl, mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, whip egg whites
until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, whipping
until whites are stiff but not dry; set aside.
4. In another large bowl, beat oil, remaining 1 cup granulated
sugar, the whole egg, sour cream, applesauce, vanilla and orange
extracts, orange zest and orange juice. Gradually beat in flour
mixture. Fold in the whipped whites.
5. Turn batter into pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown
and springy to the touch. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool
completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Source: Softasilk(R) (Gold Medal) ad in Sunday coupon circular.
Typos and MM by Iris Grayson.
From: Iris Grayson Date: 11-11-96 (09:05) Winquest
Pc (199) Cooking