Orange Marmalade Cake
Soft butter or margarine
Fresh lemon juice
Chopped walnuts or pecans
Preparation time: 10 min. Baking time: 55 to 60 min. Oven temperature: 350 degrees F.
This is a nutty, old-fashioned spice cake traditional in the South.
When made with raspberry or blackberry jam it's called " Jam Cake".
For one Bundt cake, 10 to 12 servings, you will need:
Vanilla wafer crumbs Sliced oranges, for garnish
Caramel Frosting: Combine 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup whipping cream, 2 teaspoons dark corn syrup, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Boil until syrup reaches 234 degrees F on a candy thermometer or until a drop in cold water forms a soft ball. Beat until cooled and creamy.
1. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, salt, cloves, nutmeg, butter, marmalade, eggs, milk, lemon juice and nuts.
2. Blend at low speed, scraping the bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Butter an 8 1/2-inch (10-cup) tube type pan. Dust with vanilla wafer crumbs.
4. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or just until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven. Cool 5 minutes.
7. Turn out of pan and finish cooling on a rack.
8. Glaze with Caramel Frosting and garnish with sliced fruit.
Source: Great American Recipes.