Peanut Butter Cake Supreme
-----PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING-----
1. Preheat oven to 350'F.
2. Grease 4 8" cake pans and dust with flour.
3. Separate eggs; put whites in small mixing bowl and set aside.
4. In lagre mixing bowl cream butter well, add sugar, and cream until
smooth. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add
flour and milk alternately, mixing well, then add peanut butter and
vanilla, blending well.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into prepared butter.
6. Pour into prepared pans and bake 25-30 minutes. Cool cake on rack at
least 30 minutes, then frost.
*** PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING ***
In large saucepan melt butter. Add sugar, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Cook in top half of double boiler over simmering water, stirring
frequently, until thick and creamy, approximately 20-25 minutes. Cool
slightly. Sufficient to frost 4 8" layers.