Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake (Kaitlin Young)
9 oz pkg chocolate cooky,
8 oz pks soft creamcheese
1.8 oz pkgs peanut butter,
cups (2/pkg) chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a food processor, grind cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and process until well mixed. Press crumb mixture into bottom and two thirds up the sides of a 9" spring- form pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light, fluffy and smooth 2-3 min. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in flour, milk and vanilla. Beat until well blended and smooth, about 4 minutes.
3. Sprinkle 4 packages of chopped peanut butter cups evenly on bottom of chocolate crust. Carefully pour cheesecake mixture over all; spread evenly.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 F and bake 40-50 minutes longer, or until edges are set and cake jiggles only slightly in center.
5. Let cheesecake cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until well chilled, about 6 hours or overnight. Run a knife around the pan edge to loosen cake, and remove. Shortly before serving garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle two remaining packages chopped peanut butter cups on top.
Source: 365 Great Chocolate Dessert Recipes by Natalie Haughton