Pistachio and Driedcranberry Biscotti
cut into small
Shelled unsalted pistachios,
1. Lightly grease baking sheet. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar,
baking powder, and salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter
into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until well blended and stiff dough
forms. Add vanilla extract. Stir in pistachios and cranberries, being
careful not to overmix.
3. On greased baking sheet, divide dough in half; shape each half
into a 12 by 2 inch log. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate logs at
least 30 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 375'F. Remove plastic wrap from logs. Bake 20 to 25
minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool logs on baking sheet 10
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325'F. Transfer logs to cutting board
and cut crosswise diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. On same
baking sheet, place slices, cut sides down, in single layer.
6. Bake slices 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until light golden
brown on both sides. Cool completely on wire rack; store in airtight
Country Living/Sept/94 Scanned & fixed by Di Pahl & <gg>