Rich 'n' Creamy Squares
Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 18.25 ounce *
Butter Flavor Crisco
Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 ounce package
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 35 Minutes
* 1 box ( 18.25 ounces ) Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix may be
substituted for the yellow cake mix.
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan with Butter Flavor
Crisco. Set aside.
2. For Base: Combine cake mix, 2 eggs, melted Butter Flavor Crisco,
milk and nuts in large bowl. Mix with fork or at low speed of
electric mixer until cake mix is just moistened. Turn into pan.
3. For Topping: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl at medium speed of
electric mixer until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla until
smooth. Spread evenly over base.
4. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. ( Edges and top will be light golden
brown and will have a slightly shiny appearance. ) Cool completely.
Cut into squares about 1 1/2 x 1 1/2.
Makes 4 dozen bars.
Source: Butter Flavor Crisco Cookie Collection, page 19. Shared by: