Roll-out Cookie Dough
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with
and electric mixer.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add baking powder and flour (one cup at a time) mixing after each addition.
The dough will be very stiff; blend last flour in by hand. If the dough
becomes too stiff and does not hold together in a ball, add water 1
teaspoon at a time. For chocolate cookies stir in 3 ounces melted
unsweetened chocolate at this time. Divide dough into 2 balls. Do Not
4. Working with one ball at a time, roll out on a floured surface, roll out
1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Bake on an ungreased cookie
sheet until the bottoms are golden brown, small cookies take about 6 to 7
minutes and large cookies take 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from sheets
to a wire rack to cool immediately.
5. Store in an airtight container to prevent drying.