Author/Submitted by: Alan M. Marcum Sun Microsystems, Mountain View, California
rolled oats (oatmeal, but do not use insta
unsalted butter (at room temperature)
cream cheese (at room temperature)
small-curd cottage cheese
1. Preheat oven to 175 C .
2. Mix crust ingredients with your hands until well blended. Put the mixture in a 22-cm springform pan, and form a crust, pushing it about 3-4 cm up the sides of the pan.
3. Bake the crust about 10 minutes at 175 C and let it cool.
4. Beat (or mix) the filling ingredients, at very high speed, for seven minutes. The mixture must be very smooth.
5. Put the filling in the baked crust. You may want to re-form the crust slightly first.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 175 C . The cheesecake is done when the filling is firm, but not dark (burned) on top. Let it cool, then chill it.
A college friend gave me this recipe, oh so many moons ago. It comes from his parents, and may have roots in Belgium. It is very different from the typical New-York-style dry cheesecake.
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : measure carefully.