Author/Submitted by: King Ables Microelectronics Computer Corporation, Austin, Te
vanilla wafers (crushed)
white corn syrup (honey also works well)
rum or bourbon
1. Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Mix corn syrup or honey with rum or bourbon to thin the syrup.
3. Blend wet mixture into dry ingredients with fork. Mix well. Allow to sit for 1-2 hours.
4. At this point, if you let it sit a couple of hours, you can come back and add another 100 ml of rum or bourbon and let sit again. This process may be repeated a few times to your taste. The last time, the mix should sit a couple of hours so it's not really moist. There's a good midpoint between too moist and too dry where rolling into balls won't be difficult (too wet) or cause crumbling (too dry).
5. Roll into balls, then roll in powered sugar to make a sugar coating.
I got this from my mom who uses more alcohol than the original recipe called for but less than I like to use. It makes a great party snack.
When rolling in powered sugar, the moister they are, the more sugar will be absorbed over time. They may need another roll in the sugar right before serving.
Difficulty : easy to moderate.
Precision : approximate measurement OK.