S'more Cookie Bars
Author/Submitted by: Seattle Times (from the Crisco kitchens)
firmly packed brown sugar
graham cracker crumbs
milk chocolate candy bars,
cut in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
2. Combine butter, shortening, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium
bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
3. Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour and salt. Add to creamed
Mix at low speed until just blended. Spread dough evenly into prepared
4. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned
and set. (The center of the crust will still be a little soft.) Cool
5. Place cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from
heat. Add chocolate pieces. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in
marshmallows. Spread evenly over cooked crust. Refrigerate until firm,
about 2 hours, before cutting into bars.