Author/Submitted by: Iris Niswander AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus, OH, USA.
softened butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 175 C .
2. Grease cookie sheets lightly with unsalted shortening.
3. Sift together flour and salt.
4. Work butter in a bowl until creamy.
5. Add sugar and beat until well blended.
6. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
7. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Stir in walnuts.
8. Shape dough into small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter.
9. Place balls about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Roll balls in confectioners sugar while still warm. Roll again in sugar when cooled.
Great for the holidays when sampling lots of cookies. Just pop one in your mouth and enjoy!
Store these in a tight container. Powered sugar makes this recipe a little messy.
Difficulty : moderate (dexterity required).
Precision : approximate measurement OK.