Spiced Almond Meringues
Author/Submitted by: Jo Anne Merrill
cream of tartar
1. Grind almonds or buy already ground.
2. Grease a cookie sheet generously with 1 tablespoon butter or solid
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Combine in a mixing bowl the egg white and a pinch of cream of
tartar; beat until foamy.
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add to egg white, beating
until stiff peaks form. Fold in the ground almonds.
6. Drop by LEVEL tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cookies
spread during baking so don't place too close together.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are a pale beige color.
Yield: About 18 cookies.