Steve's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author/Submitted by: Steve Bjork (the Atomic Penguin) Stanford University, Comput
butter (2 sticks)
dark brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 190 C .
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy. Spend some time and make sure it is well mixed.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
4. Add flour and soda, again mixing well.
5. Add chocolate chips. If it doesn't look like enough, then add some more.
6. Make big, thick cookies, big enough so that you get only 2 dozen of them out of this recipe. Put them on a lightly-greased baking sheet.
7. Put the cookies in the oven, close the door quickly, and turn the heat down to 175 C . Bake for 10 minutes.
The use of real ingredients instead of imitation ingredients cannot be overemphasized. Chocolate-flavored chips, margarine, vanilla flavoring, and other such atrocities will completely destroy this recipe. I use Challenge butter and Ghirardelli chocolate.
Difficulty : easy if you have a machine that can cream sugar and butter, moderate
Precision : measure the ingredients.