Heavy (whipping) cream
Red colored sugar
Green colored sugar
White, green and/or yellow
1. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until
pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. With mixer
on low speed, gradually beat in flour, baking powder and cream until
2. Press dough together, then divide in half. Wrap each half and
chill 3 hours or until firm enough to roll.
3. Heat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheet(s).
4. On lightly floured surface, roll 1 piece of dough at a time (keep
remainder refrigerated) to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut in desired shapes
with floured 3-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon
colored sugar. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet(s).
Reroll scraps and chill.
5. Bake 14 minutes or just until bottoms and edges are brown. Cool
completely on cookie sheets on wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Decorate as you wish. let stand two hours until icing sets. Store
airtight up to 2 weeks or freeze.
Prep: 15 min. Chill: 3 hr. Bake: 14 min. per batch Woman's Day
Incredible Cookies (11/23/93)