Vanilla Chip Biscotti
Author/Submitted by: Cuisinart
fresh lemon juice
vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl; reserve.
2. Place eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt in large
mixing bowl. Mix at low speed and gradually increase to medium. Mix
until thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture in 3 additions, mixing on low speed
for 30 seconds after each addition.
4. Add chips and continue mixing on low speed until just incorporated,
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet. Divide dough in
half ; place each half on baking sheet and shape into 10 x 3-inch
rectangle. (***I was able to get both of mine on the same sheet. The
recipe says to put one on each of two sheets.***)
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
clean. (Top should not be brown. Do not overbake or biscotti will be too
dry). Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes.
7. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 10-12 slices (about 3/4-inch wide).
Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until
crisp.* Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
*If chips brown too much near the end of the baking period, turn oven off
and leave biscotti in oven as it cools for remaining 3-5 minutes, or until
Note: For best results, store biscotti in an air-tight container. May
also be frozen; defrost before serving.
Good news: calories 89; sat. fat. 1 g; total fat 2 g (18% of calories)
YIELD: 2 dozen biscott