White Russian Truffles
1. Chop finely 1 lb of the chocolate. Melt in a double boiler to 120 degrees. Measure the cream into a 3-quart saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and cool to 120 degrees. Add the chocolate to the cooled cream and stir until the mixture is smooth.
2. Stir the Kahlua into the chocolate, mixing well. scrape onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
3. Finely grate the remaining 3/4 lb of the chocolate. (This is easiest to do using the grater blade of a food processor.) Remove the filling from refrigeration and form into small rough balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
4. Roll the truffles in the grated chocolate, pressing gently to adhere.
5. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigeration 15 minutes before serving. Note: these truffles do not hold well at room temperature.