Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Author/Submitted by: William LeFebvre Department of Computer Science, Rice Univer
Pies & Pastries
graham cracker pie shell
vanilla (or to taste)
cherry pie filling (1 can)
1. Cream together the cheese and sour cream.
2. Fold in sugar gradually.
3. Add vanilla and mix well.
4. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Pour into pie shell and chill for at least 3 hours.
6. Pour excess syrup from the can of cherry pie filling. Leave some, but you certainly don't need all of it. The sauce should cover the cream cheese mix, but the cherries shouldn't be drowning in it.
7. Pour pie filling on top. Serve cold.
My wife makes this for me periodically, and it is always delicious. No baking is required, and it is very easy to make.
If you don't have the time to sit around for 3 hours waiting for the pie to chill, make the cream cheese filling the night before and let the pie chill overnight. We prefer to use non-dairy whipped cream substitute. We usually use the same brand name ingredients for best results: Philadelphia cream cheese, Breakstone's sour cream, Cool-whip, and Comstock cherry pie filling.
Difficulty : easy.
Precision : approximate measurement OK, especially with the vanilla.