Tips for Success for No-cook Freezer Jams and Jellies
Author/Submitted by: SURE JELL FRUIT PECTIN
Jams, Jellies & Preserves
1. Do not reduce sugar or use sugar substitute. The exact amounts of sugar, fruit and pectin are necessary for a good set.
2. For recipes using less sugar, try SURE JELL Light Fruit Pectin.
3. Use fully ripe fruit at room temperature to help sugar dissolve.
4. Crush berries 1 cup at a time, using potato masher. With food processor, pulse to chop fruit, do not puree. Jams has bits of fruit.
5. Do not double recipes. Mixture may not set.
6. Storage - Freeze until opened. After opening, refrigerate.