Apple Cobbler (Using Biscuit Mix)
Apples, tart, pared, sliced
Biscuit mix (see recipe)
Process American cheese
4 servings of about 1/2 cup each 166 calories per serving
1. Pre-heat oven TO 400F. (hot)
2. Mix cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon in saucepan. Add 3/4 cup water
and mix well. Add apples.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens
and apples just begin to soften--about
4. Pour into 1-quart casserole.
5. Stir biscuit mix and cheese together. Add 3 tablespoons water and
mix well. Spread on top of apple mixture.
6. Bake until top is lightly browned--about 30 minutes.
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and
Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen