Butterscotch Apple Pie
Author/Submitted by: Wendy email@example.com
Pies & Pastries
quick-cooking rolled oats
butter or marg.,
light corn syrup
butter or marg.
crushed peanut brittle
finely grated orange ring
1. For the crust, combine oats, cinnamon, butter & brown sugar in medium
mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Pat into 23 cm pie pan. Bake in preheated 180 C oven for 15 min., or
until golden brown. Cool.
3. For the filling, peel, core & slice apples.
4. In large saucepan, combine apples, water & corn syrup. Cover & cook
gently until apples are tender, but not mushy.
5. Drain off liquid, measure it and add apple juice to make 150 ml
6. In another saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt & cinnamon.
Stir in the apple liquid. Add butter. Cook until thickened, stirring
7. Fold in cooked apple slices. Pour filling into baked and cooled pie
8. Cool before adding topping.
Difficulty : moderate. Precision : measure ingredients.
By KKBG35A RUTH BURKHAR