Maple-Glazed Gingersnap Apple Pie
Author/Submitted by: Jo Anne Merrill
Pies & Pastries
packed brown sugar
1. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the bottom crust.
2. Place half of the THINLY sliced apples in the crust; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine sugars, gingersnaps, cinnamon, nuts and butter;
sprinkle half over apples in crust. Top with remaining apples and sugar
4. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut a few slits in pastry,
place over apples and seal. Cover LOOSELY with foil and bake at 375 degrees
for 35 minutes. Meanwhile, bring syrup to a gentle boil in a small saucepan.
5. Remove pie from oven; remove foil and brush hot syrup over pie and into
vents. Return pie to oven and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer. Serve