Spiced Date Drops
Author/Submitted by: Jo Anne Merrill
1. Coarsely chop date and walnuts.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves;
3. Place softened margarine or butter into large mixer bowl. Add
sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth and fluffy using medium speed.
Stir in flour mixture with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in
dates and walnuts. Dough will be very stiff.
4. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased
cookie sheets. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until
lightly browned. Do not overcook.
6. Remove to wire rack and cool completely before storing.
Yield: About 72 cookies.